Appointing an effective CDM Coordinator is the cornerstone of a safe construction project – it encourages all parties to consider safety from the start of the project.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 require a CDM Coordinator to be appointed for all projects lasting 30 days or more, or involving more than 500 person-days. Early appointment is encouraged by HSE.
QS Associates are specialist CDM Coordinators, offering a bespoke service. We have worked on projects ranging from minor refurbishments through to major constructions.
The benefits we can offer you are:
Experience – Trading since 1994, we have worked on over 2,000 projects ranging in value from £30,000 to over £100 million in locations across the UK and continental Europe. Whether your project is small or large, we have the experience you need.
Specialists – QS Associates offer a standalone CDM Coordinator package. This means we focus only on the CDMC role, and there aren’t any conflicts of interest from trying to take on additional duties.
Competence – We have sufficient competence and resources to fulfill the role. Our consultants are members of IOSH and the Association for Project Safety. We make sure your project is complying with the requirements of the CDM Regulations.
Value for Money – We offer a cost-effective service to clients, and tailor our quotes to your requirements. Call us on 01635 551609 or email us for a quote.
Some of the duties we will undertake are to:
- Advise and assist Clients with their duties under the CDM Regulations.
- Give advice on the appointment of competent designers and contractors.
- Notify the HSE regarding the project (30 working days duration or 500 person construction days work).
- Co-ordinate health and safety aspects of design work and co-operate with others involved with the project.
- Take steps to ensure effective communication, information and co-operation between the client, designers, principal contractor and contractors.
- Identify, collect and forward pre-construction information.
- Assist you in reviewing the Principal Contractor’s construction phase plan to ensure it is adequate before the project starts.
- Prepare, update and deliver the Health and Safety File to Client on project completion.
If you are planning a project and would like a quote for us to act as CDM Coordinator, or you need more information about what the role entails, please contact us now using our form, email us or call 01635 551609 to speak to a consultant.